- Manhattan Psychiatric Center Project Ready to Award ContractBids for the general construction of the MPC project were submitted by the Contractors, and New York State Office of General Services will announce and award the job within two months. The MPC project included a complete gut rehab of the 225-bed, 265,000-square-foot facility, complete with upgraded building systems, and will be a state-of-the-art forensic psychiatric facility.
- LEED Certified Elmhurst Hospital Center Women’s Health Pavilion Nears CompletionFurniture has been installed in Elmhurst Hospital Women’s Health Pavilion as they wrap up the final phase and get ready to move in. The Women’s Health Pavilion will provide services for female patients in a soothing and more private environment. The new facility is LEED Certified Silver, which is a first for the Elmhurst Community.
- Magrabi Hospital Drawings Coming to a Close RBSD has been hard at work, finalizing the interior construction document phase for the Magrabi Ophthalmology & Dentistry Hospital. The architectural package was previously completed. The 10-story eye and dental care hospital will be located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and will be the largest ophthalmology center in the Middle East.
- Construction Making Considerable Progress on Second Dar Al Fouad HospitalConstruction for the New Dar Al Fouad Hospital in Nasr City is 60% complete, with the structure’s shell built. The impressive building is estimated to be completed in early 2017. This is the second Dar Al Fouad Hospital and will include more generalized patient care for the Cairo community. The original Dar Al Fouad Hospital specializes in Cardiac Care.
- Continued Progress for Northport VA Medical Center as CD Submission is UnderwayConstruction Documents for the Emergency Department project (50%) have been submitted. The drawings are under Client review as RBSD continues working towards completion. The renovation includes an expansion which will allow for a more efficient Patient care and additional exam rooms.
- Foreign Consulate Ready to Award Contract RBSD has submitted the final construction documents for the Client’s review. The contract will be awarded shortly. The design for the two-story 16,000-square-foot Consulate will transform the space and open it up with more access to natural light and ease of circulation.
- RBSD to File Drawings for Midtown Private ResidenceRBSD has completed the design for a high-end private residential space in New York City and is ready to file the drawings. The project will be going out to bid, shortly. This is the second time RBSD is designing the two-floor penthouse and will be giving it a completely new look.
- JHMC Hospice Funding Raised and Project to Go ForwardAfter RBSD’s design presentation of the new Hospice Care, the JHMC Committee was busy with fundraising for this special project. JHMC successfully raised funding through a series of charitable events, including a night out at Citi Field. The working drawings are in the final stages as everyone is excited for the renovation to begin. The new Hospice Care was redesigned to be a more comfortable and private experience for patients and family in the Jamaica Community.
- Lutheran Family Health Center Transforms Under New OwnerRecently acquired Lutheran Family Health Centers Sunset Terrace will be getting a new look. RBSD is currently redesigning the space to adhere to NYU Langone Health Systems’ interior standards. The current layout and finishes are being reworked and will soon look like the NYU signature brand of healthcare spaces.